Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Situation

I have a problem. At this moment I am reading too many books. I know this may seem like a first world problem, but I am who I am and this is a big problem for me.
Why am I reading so many books? Because different situations call for different books. I'm not about to take my iPad into the bath with me. Therefore, I need a paperback I bought from the D.I. Which is why I am reading The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger.


If you really liked the movie version then just watch the movie again. It will save you a lot of time. Like in the movie, Andrea Sachs hates her boss who puts her through unbearable tasks and then she complains about having to do said tasks. The book is just a lot of more tasks and more complaining.

The reason I am reading the second book is due to the fact that when someone suggests a book or series to me and they are super excited about it, I can't help but start reading right then. Even if I already am reading another book. I want to finish the new book while it is still fresh in the suggesters mind so we can be excited together. Which is why I am reading The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo.



About a year ago, I read a review in Entertainment Weekly about Jo Nesbo, saying he was the new Stieg Larsson. Well, I love Stieg Larsson and so does my mom so I told her to try the series out and let me know what she thought. Turns out she LOVES them. She kept on bugging me to read them, but I had a problem. These books are translated from Norwegian. And when I say these books, I mean that the first two in the series are not translated. I have finally gotten over the situation and decided to start reading them. I'm a little confused about what is going on but my mom says it gets better. So I will keep on chugging along.

This third problem might sound really dumb, but like I said I am who I am! I am reading The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson because it is finally out in paperback!


I have the first two books in the series in paperback and refused to buy the hardback... It wouldn't look good in my library! So now my collection is complete, and kids, the book is amazing.
I will further review these books after I have completed them.

Enjoy,
Mo Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment