Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Little Prince (Guest Post: Cydnee Houtz)

       Cydnee is a cat lover. When I say cat lover I actually mean that she loves all animals and everything about the environment. Now I have never had a friend that is a tree hugger, but I love it. It gives me a completely different outlook on what goes on in our world. Turns out she is also a book lover... when I found this out I became very excited about our friendship and asked if she would guest post on her favorite book, so here it is! Thanks Cyd!

                                                                                                                               

        So the cold hard facts are this. everyday, millions of innocent humans are captured by society’s worst; ADULTHOOD. Now I’m not saying that growing up is necessarily bad, but the changes in thoughts and actions that usually come along with it, ARE. Luckily for all, a book exists to prevent and/or counteract such disgrace. THE LITTLE PRINCE.




This book is filled with enriching words and is a constant reminder of why it is so important to stay in touch with our inner child. It is in fact about a little prince, who travels from planet to planet meeting all sorts of people. But the more he meets, the more upset he becomes at how these adults are spending their lives. They fret over money, and the importance of keeping track of “things”, and our hero cannot quite understand how anyone could get so caught up in such silliness as material items. But there is also so much more to this story than I could ever have time to share. I have read this story close to one hundred times (because in high school I realized that I could learn way more from this book than I could ever learn in my math class) and each time I leave with a new lesson about life. Read it. now. I have two copies, and I’m more than willing to share.
-Cydnee Houtz

No comments:

Post a Comment