Monday, April 16, 2012

Dear Muggles, Welcome To Pottermore.




It's finally happening! Pottermore is now open for everyone. For all you Muggles out there who don't know what Pottermore is, I found a great definition for you on the website (Pottermore.com).
"Pottermore is a unique online experience from J.K. Rowling, built around the Harry Potter books.
Pottermore is the place for Harry Potter fans to share and participate in the stories, showcase their own Potter-related creativity, and discover additional information about the world of Harry Potter from the author herself.
At launch, the site allows visitors to experience and explore the first Harry Potter story, with subsequent stories unveiled over time. Pottermore is available to users in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish (Castilian)."


So there you have it. What is Pottermore? Awesomeness. I was so worried, like most other Harry Potter fans, that it was all over. Now we get to learn more!
Let me tell you about my Harry Potter background. Don't be disappointed but I didn't read the books until after the first seventh movie came out. I don't know why but I was never really interested in it. Oh was I missing out. They are beautiful. I also love the movies. Maybe it's because I saw them before reading the books and didn't know what was missing, but I think they are magical and the characters are very well developed.



The best thing about HP for me is the connections you build with other hard core fans. Sometimes my roommates and I say "Harry Potter" in other character's accents. It's quite fun. We also yell spells during soccer practice. While I read the books I like to wear my Potter glasses, which means I sometimes wear them to school. Yes, I'm in college. One day I had them on and a guy came up to me and said "those look familiar", and I thought well duh... Then I looked at what he was wearing... Full Gryffindor outfit. Scarf included. It was wicked. What's you HP background story?
Make sure you go to Pottermore.com and register! Add me as a friend @ StarProphecy1180!

Enjoy,
Mo Bridge

Location:Hogwarts

No comments:

Post a Comment