Friday, March 2, 2012

The Poisonwood Bible (Guest Post: Sam Meneses)





This guest post is from my oldest sister Sam Jo. Check out her blog at saminsandyland.blogspot.com.
Mo asked me to write a post about my favorite book or series of books! I decided to tell you all about The Poisonwood Bible.



I was invited to a book club by a blogger friend but I only had three days to read this pretty big book. I got the book on CDs from the library and was a little worried because I had never read a book about Africa and I did not know if it would be that interesting to me. It took me about two days to listen to the whole book and I was so excited to listen to it again to make sure I caught everything that I might have missed. The book is about a baptist preacher who moves his wife and 4 daughters to Africa in the 60's. The book is written from the wife and daughters perspectives and I think that's what makes the book so great. All 4 of the children are so different and it's great to see the village and the people through each of their eyes.
I hope everybody gives this book a chance and that they fall in love with the characters as quickly as I did.
Sam Jo

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book too. Thanks Sam for recommending it.

    ReplyDelete